CSE Faculty Profile
Name of the faculty: Dr.V Raviram
Designation: Associate Professor
Area of specialization: Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact no.: 9845432933
Experience in years: 19
Membership in professional bodies: MISTE
Awards/ Recognitions/ Achievements: Received Bronze partner faculty award (for 4 consecutive years) under Inspire – The Campus Connect Faculty Partnership Model, Infosys for successfully rolling out Infosys Industry Elective at SSIT.
Papers published in Journals:
- V. Ravi Ram, B. G. Premasudha, “Investigating Considerative Factors for Robust VANET Application Development”, Mediterranean Journal of Computers and Networks (MEDJCN), Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 295-301, July 2014, ISSN: 1744-2397 [ UK journal indexed in IET/ InSpec]
- B G Premasudha, V Ravi Ram, J Miller, R Suma, “A Review of Security Threats, Solutions and Trust Management in VANETs”, International Journal of Next-Generation Computing (IJNGC), Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 38-57, March 2016, ISSN: 2229-4678. [Indexed in Web of Science, DBLP, EBSCOhost, IET/ InSpec]
- R Suma, Premasudha B G, Ravi Ram V. (in press), “A novel Machine Learning based Attacker Detection (MLAD) system to secure Location Aided Routing in MANETs”, International Journal of Networking and Virtual Organisations (IJNVO), Inderscience Publishers (Scopus Indexed). Accepted for publication and available online in the forthcoming articles of the journal.
- R Suma, Premasudha B G, Ravi Ram V. (in press), “SIBLAR: Secured Identity-Based Location Aware Routing Protocol for MANETs”, International Journal of Computer Aided Engineering and Technology (IJCAET), Inderscience Publishers (Scopus Indexed). Accepted for publication and available online in the forthcoming articles of the journal.
- Ravi Ram V, Premasudha B G, R Suma, “SCM: Secured Communication Model for urban VANET applications”, International Journal of Networking and Virtual Organisations (IJNVO), Inderscience Publishers (Scopus Indexed). Accepted for publication and available online in the forthcoming articles of the journal.
Papers published in International conference:
- R Suma, Premasudha B G, Ravi Ram V., “An Analysis on the Effect of Malicious Nodes on the Performance of LAR Protocol in MANETs”, in the Proceedings of Third International Conference on Information System Design and Intelligent Applications (INDIA 2016), Volume 3, 2016, pp 623-633. ISSN 2194-5365(electronic), ISBN 978-81-322-2757-1(eBook) Springer AISC series (Scopus Indexed).
- D. K. Thara, B. G. Premasudha, V. R. Ram and R. Suma, “”Impact of big data in healthcare: A survey,”” 2016 2nd International Conference on Contemporary Computing and Informatics (IC3I), Noida, 2016, pp.729-735.doi: 10.1109/IC3I.2016.7918057.
- Ravi Ram V., Premasudha B.G., Suma R. “Design and Implementation of a Scenario-Based Communication Model for VANETs in EXata”, in Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Smart Computing and Informatics (SCI 2018), 27-28, Januray 2018, PVPSIT, Vijayawada, India, Volume 2, pp. 577-587. In: Satapathy S., Bhateja V., Das S. (eds) Smart Intelligent Computing and Applications. Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies, Vol 105, Springer, Singapore. First online 05 November 2018, DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-1927-3_61 (Scopus Indexed).
- Worked as co-editor for the college editorial board and played a major role in bringing out college magazine “Odyssey” for 6 years under the leadership of Dr. K A Krishnamurthy, Former Principal, Dr. D Ramesh, Editor and Dr. B Rajesh Kamath, Editor. Currently working as Co-chairman, College Magazine Committee. 2. Brought out “Newz Wire” newsletter during VTU Youth Festival organized at SSIT.
- Assisted former Registrar Evaluation Dr. H P Sudarshan for a period of 3 years and successfully coordinated Examination and Evaluation work.
- Working as an active member of Alumni Association and successfully rolled out the responsibilities as a Treasurer for 6 years (2 terms) and as a Secretary for 3 years (1 term).
- Member IQAC, Co- Coordinator (Administration) NAAC. Currently assisting Dr. R Prakash, Chief Coordinator, IQAC, SSIT as Coordinator (Administration).
- Actively assisted Dr. M K Veeraiah, Former Principal SSIT and Dr. M. Siddappa, Dean (Academics) in NBA and NAAC workflow and significantly contributed in all accomplishments.
- Core team member of SSIT Infosys Campus Connect. Successfully rolled out Foundation Programmes for IT and non IT branches of BE and MCA. Acted as a facilitator for several webinars and online tests using Moodle.
- Played significant role in organizing several National Conferences, Technical Talks and National Seminars at the department level.
- Played a significant role in successfully organizing “Kalotsava” a state level cultural fest for two terms and in successfully organizing Dr. H M Gangadharaiah Memorial on the Spot Painting Competition.