Medical Electronics & Engineering
The department of Medical Electronics was established in the year 2002 to expand its academic horizon to the fast-growing field of healthcare technologies. The college has laid its focus to impart education in the field of medical electronics and life sciences to translate it into real world applications. The current intake for the BE programme is 30.
Dr. Raju A S
Associate Professor and HOD
Vision of the Department
To be a leading force in the field of medical electronics in understanding medical equipment for health care.
Mission of the Department
- To impart knowledge base and skill sets in the field of medical electronics.
- Inculcate managerial and entrepreneurial skills to work in multidisciplinary environment.
- To provide a best learning ambience for academics & research leading to global competence.
- To analyze and design latest life saving technologies to solve societal problems.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1: To impart fundamental knowledge in science and technology to perform challenging roles in new trends of medical electronics.
- PEO2: To develop professional attitude, good communication skill and to work in multidisciplinary teams with strong ethical, spiritual background.
- PEO3: To excel in the field of research and innovation there by contributing to the evolving technology.
Program Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
|Webinar on Medical Devices and its Future Trends with Opportunities||Department of Medical Electronics has Organized a webinar on "Medical Devices and its Future Trends with Opportunities" on 11th of January 2021. Mr. Nitturi Naresh Kumar, Scientist - D at Kalam Institute of Health Technology & National Coordinator at Indian Biomedical Skill Consortium, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India was the keynote speaker on this session.||2021-01-11|
|Webinar on Implementation of Integrated Learning Approach in Biomedical||Department of Medical Electronics has organized a webinar on "Implementation of Integrated Leaning Approach in Biomedical" on 7th January 2021. Dr. D K Ravish, Associate Professor, Department of Medical Electronics, Dr AIT, Bangalore was the Keynote speaker.||2021-01-07|
|1||8th semester Scheme and Syllabus||Download|
|2||First Semester Scheme and Syllabus (Chemistry Cycle)||Download|
|3||First Semester Scheme and Syllabus (Physics Cycle)||Download|
|4||4th semester Scheme and Syllabus||Download|
|5||5th semester Scheme and Syllabus||Download|
|6||6th semester Scheme and Syllabus||Download|
|7||3rd semester Scheme and Syllabus||Download|
|8||7th semester Scheme and Syllabus||Download|
Lab coming soon
- All the 8th semester students have cleared IBSC modules where IBSC (Indian Biomedical Skill Consortium) is a biomedical society for biomedical students.
- All the the 8th sem students (academic year 2020-21) were offered internships in multispecility hospitals and industries such Colombia Asia, Sakara, Panesia, Wipro GE
Ms. Shruthi Hiremath scored all India rank of 126 in GATE 2021.
Archana D A ,Sahana and Rohit Singh Final year students of MLE , has won 1st prize for his project titled ” Eye Movement & Voice Based System To Control Electronic Gadgets And Flow Of Medications ” in Technodea, a state level project exhibition and competition organized by Science and Technology Enterprenuers Park , SSIT, Tumakuru , held on 26th and 27th April 2019.
Madhura D P and Mamatha Final year students of MLE , has won 1st prize for his project titled ” Midical Image Segmentation ” in Technodea, a state level project exhibition and competition organized by Science and Technology Enterprenuers Park , SSIT, Tumakuru , held on 20th and 21st April 2018.
- Dr. Guruprasad S , Assistant professor of Department of MLE has won the best paper presentation award for his paper titled ” Comparative Analysis of Medical Image Fusion Algorithms ” in the international conference on Communications and Signal Processing at Singapore, Janauary 9th 2017