Mechanical Faculty Profile
Dr. R. Harish Kumar
Professor and HOD
Name of the faculty: Dr. R. Harish Kumar
Designation: Professor and HOD
Qualifications: B.E., M.E., Ph.D.,
Area of specialization: Machine Design, Automotive Design & Combustion
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact no.: 9739030655, 8971365155
Experience in years: 32
Membership in professional bodies: MISTE, MIA(Engg)
Details of Ph.D students guiding
|Mr. Nandeesh||Materials||SSAHE||4th Doctoral Progress Report completed, Thesis to be fnalised.|
|Mr. Hurmathulla Khan||Automotive Design||SSAHE||Course Work over, Literature Survey is being carried out|
|Mr. Arjun M||Automotive Design||SSAHE||Registration to be finalised|
|Mr. Kiran Gowda||Automotive Design||VTU||pre Ph.D. viva exam completed|
Awards/ Recognitions/ Achievements:
- Reviewer of “”TAYLOR & FRANCIS””-International Journal of Green Energy
- Reviewer of IMECE
- Reviewed the text book “”Fundamentals of Machine Design”” by Bernard J Hamrock, Tata Mcgraw Hill Publication”
- “A Simple Simulation Tool for Optimising the Spark Advance and Prediction of Specific Output of SI Engines” in the book on “Modeling and Simulation”, published by Allied Publishers, ISBN : 81-8424-218-2.
- “Axial Squeeze Film Systems”, CSIR News, Vol. 38, No. 24, 30th Dec 1988.
Funded research projects:
- DSIR funded pilot project on “Dust generation in Rice Mills” & “Design & Fabrication of Improvised Cyclone Separator with Tri Chambered Filter Unit for mitigation of dust in Rice Mills”
Papers published in Journals:
- “Progressive Combustion in SI-Engines—Experimental Investigation on Influence of Combustion Related Parameters”, Manuscript Number SADH – D – 07 – 00077R1, Sadhana– Academy Proceedings in Engineering Sciences, Vol. 33, Part 6, December 2008, pp. 821-834, ISSN 0256-2499
- “A Simple Strategy to Establish Preliminary Engine Cylinder Geometry for Optimum Combustion”, Journal of International Review of Mechanical Engineering, IREME. Print ISSN: 1970 – 8734 ; Cd-Rom ISSN: 1970 – 8742; Vol-11.
- “Studies on effects of combustion chamber geometry and injection pressure on bio diesel combustion”, Transactions of Canadian Society of Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 36, No.4, pg 429-438, 2012,
- “Improvised design of Cyclone Separator with Tri Chambered Filter Unit for dust control in rice mills”, Paper ID: 6701822, accepted for publication in Journal of Environmental Protection, Scientific Research Open Access Publications, ISSN Print:2152-2197; ISSN Online:2152-2219; Apr 2013.
- “An experimental study on the effect of thermal barrier coating on diesel engine performance”, IJIRSET, ISSN 2319-8753, Vol-2, Issue-8, Aug 2013.
- “Reduction of bio diesel exhaust emissions through engine combustion chamber design modifications – An experimental study”, Journal of Applied Mechanics & materials, Vol 592-594, 2014 pp 1751-1755, Trans Tech publications, Switzerland.
- “Kinematic Design and Simulation of a Flexible Valve Lift mechanism for an IC Engine”, SSRG International Journal of Mechanical Engineering (SSRG-IJME) Vol2, Issue 8, Aug 2015, ISSN: 2348-8360.
- “Design of Tri Lobed CAM and finding the effect on emissions for a Flexible Valve Lift Mechanism in IC Engine”, International Journal of Current Research, Vol 8, Issue 2, pp 26777-26783, Feb 2016, ISSN:2394-6202.
- “Design of Tri Lobed CAM for Flexible Valve Lift Mechanism in IC-Engine, International Journal of Advances in Production and Mechanical Engineering-IJAPME, Vol 2, Issue 1, 2016, ISSN(Online):2394-6210
- “Effect of injection timing on performance, combustion and emission characteristics of dairy scum methyl esters in CRDI engine”, International Journal of Vehicle structures and systems, published by MAFTREE, ISSN 0975-060 (SI)
- “Significance of injection on overall performance of CRDI engine using dairy scum oil methyl esters”, International Journal of Ambient Energy, ISSN 0143-0750, Taylor & Francis Publication, (SI), Jan 2020
- “Significance of blending ratio of dairy scum oil methyl esters on overall performance of diesel engine”, Arabian Journal for science and technology (SI), 2020.
- “Effect of nano-graphene particles and n-butane fuel additives blended with diesel-nigella-sativa fuel emulsion on diesel engine characteristics”, SYMMETRY journal, 12 (6), 961May 2020.
- “Combined effect of synthesized waste milk scum oil methyl ester and ethanol fuel blend on the diesel engine characteristics”, Journal of the Institution of Engineers (India): Series C 101 (6), 947-962, 2021
- “New empirical correlation to predict the specific output of SI Engines and its validation using case studies”, CURIE Journal, July 2010, VOL-3, ISSUE-2, pp 70-81, ISSN 0974-1305, © printed in India.
Papers published in International conference:
- “Axial Squeeze Film Systems – Parametric studies and their relative contribution as Bearings & Dampers”, Xth International Syposium on Air Breathing Engines, UK, September 1991.(as coauthor)
- “Study on Axial Squeeze Film Dampers and their preliminary design procedure”, International Tribology Conference-AUSTRIB’94’, Perth, Australia, Dec 5th -8th, 1994.(as coauthor)
- “Computer Aided Analysis of Inline Crank Slider Mechanism Kinematics and Dynamics—Some Interesting Observations”, International Conference & Exhibition on Total Engineering, Analysis and Manufacturing Technologies (TEAMTECH 2004), November 2nd to 4th, 2004, I.I.Sc., Campus, Bangalore, INDIA.
- “A Simple Model with Conditional Variability in Mass Fraction Burnt (MFB), for Simulation of Combustion in SI Engines—Parametric Studies with some Interesting Observations”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Advances in Materials, Product Design & Manufacturing Systems”, 12th to 14th December 2005, Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Tamilnadu, INDIA.
- “A Simple Mathematical model with Conditional Variability in MFB, to predict Turbulent Flame Development and Propagation in SI Engines”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Emerging Adaptive Systems & Technologies (EAST-2005), 16th,17th December 2005, Noorul Islam College of Engineering, Kumaracoil, Tamilnadu, INDIA.
- “A Computer Simulation of Instantaneous Heat Transfer Coefficients in CI Engines”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Emerging Adaptive Systems & Technologies (EAST-2005), 16th,17th December 2005, Noorul Islam College of Engineering, Kumaracoil, Tamilnadu, INDIA (as coauthor).
- “A Simple Approach to Predict Ignition Delay for Optimising SI Engine Performance”, paper no. IN_13, III BSME-ASME International Conference on Thermal Engineering, 20th to 22nd December 2006, Dhaka, BANGLADESH.
- “CFD Analysis of the Intake Process in Spark Ignition Engines”, INDO-NAFEMS International Symposium on Engineering Analysis and Simulation, 11th & 12th January 2007, M.S. Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies, Bangalore-8.
- “Investigation of the Influence of Compression ratio, Intake Air Temperature and Swirl in Intake Passage on Random Cyclic Pressure Variations in Spark Ignition Engines”, paper no. JSAE 20077031/SAE 2007-01-1831, JSAE-SAE International Meeting on Fuels and Lubricants, July 2007, Kyoto, JAPAN ( as coauthor).
- “A Simple Simulation Tool for Optimising the Spark Advance and Prediction of Specific Output of SI Engines”, International Conference on Modeling and Simulation (CITICOMS 2007), Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Tamilnadu, INDIA.
- The above paper has been included (from among the select list of papers presented in the above international conference), in the book on “Modeling and Simulation”, published by Allied Publishers, ISBN:81-8424-218-2.
- “Progressive Combustion in SI-Engines—Improved Empirical models for Simulating and Optimizing Engine Performance”, SAE Technical Written Paper No. SAE2008-01-1630, SAE International Power Trains, Fuels and Lubricants Congress, June 23-25, Shanghai, CHINA.
- “New Empirical Correlations for Simulating the Influence of Compression ratio on Ignition delay and Overall Combustion Duration in SI Engines”, Technical paper No. ICME_139, World Congress in Engineering-WCE2008, July 2nd to 4th 2008, U.K.
- “A Simple Strategy to Establish Preliminary Engine Cylinder Geometry for Optimum Combustion”, Paper No. 49, “IVth International Conference on Thermal Engineering ICTEA09”, January 2009, DUBAI.
- “Consequence of injection pressure and nozzle holes on the overall performance of diesel engine operated on scum methyl esters”, Global Conference of Advaced smart and sustainable technologies in engineering, 30th and 31st Jan 2020, MITE, Moodibidre, Conference proceedings (SI)
Papers published in National conference:
- “Modified Analogy approach in Integrated Design Issues of Mechatronics”, National Seminar on Recent Advances in Automation & manufacturing, The Institution of Engineers(I), Mangalore Local Centre and cosponsored by NMAMIT, Nitte, Mangalore, 16th Feb 2002.
- “Micro Engineering”, National Seminar on Recent Advances in Automation & manufacturing, The Institution of Engineers(I), Mangalore Local Centre and cosponsored by NMAMIT, Nitte, Mangalore, 16th Feb 2002
- “Computer Aided Kinematic Analysis of Crank Slider Mechanism”, National Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering Sciences, NACAMES 04”, 24th & 25th Sept. 2004, Sri Siddhartha Institute of Technology, Tumkur-572105.
- “Computer Aided Parametric studies of Engine Crank Slider Mechanism Dynamics”, 2nd Extended National Conference on Mechanical Engineering, July 2005, NSS College of Engineering, Palakkad, Kerala.
- “Enhanced Specific Output of IC Engines : Past Technologies, Present Technologies, & Future Trends—A Review”, Proceedings of the National Conference on Recent Advances in Mechanical Engineering – README 2005”, 1st to 3rd December, PA College of Engineering, Mangalore, Karnataka.
- “Prediction and Simulation of Burn rates during Progressive Combustion in SI Engines”, Proceedings of the National Conference on Recent Trends in Mechanical Engineering Sciences-RTIMES08, 21st , 22nd Feb., 2008.
- “Design and Development of STAIR-LIFT for straight stairways”, Aug 23rd 2012, ETME-12, SVCET, Tirupachar, TamilNadu.