Information Science And Engineering
Information Technology builds tools to manipulate, organize, transmit, and store Information in Digital form. It amplifies Brainpower in a way analogous to that in which the Nineteenth Century Industrial Revolution”s Technology of Steam Engines, Metallurgy and Giant Power Tools multiplied muscle power. Information Technology builds the most all-purpose tools ever, Tools for thought. The future belongs to knowledge based Industries. Strength of a Country depends upon the best use of Information Technology in all walks of life.
- MoU with e-flow Gurukul, Bengaluru as a part of Industry – Institute interaction.
- MoU with Samartha Info-solutions Pvt Ltd, Bengaluru for training the students in the field of Internet of Things and Computer Networking.
- MoU with Netalla Innovative Pvt Ltd, Bangalore on behalf of Blueprism Pvt Ltd for training the students in the field of Robotics Process Automation.
- MoU with Information Data Systems, Inc., USA registered office to develop BHARAT BLOCKCHAIN NETWORK which is an permissioned block chain network powered by IDS and supported by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
Dr. H S Annapurna
Vision of the Department
“To impart knowledge to young aspirants to develop Information Technology based solutions for the Industrial and Societal needs”.
Mission of the Department
- Prepare students to acquire knowledge in the field of Information Technology through effective teaching learning methodologies.
- Establish conducive environment for better learning through the state of the art curriculum to exhibit talents and ingenuity.
- Nurture the students to be industry ready by enhancing their employability skills and entrepreneurial skills.
- Develop Information Technology based solution as per the need of Society.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO – 1 : Analyze, design and develop Information Technology based solutions using suitable platforms.
- PEO – 2 : To accomplish any tasks with ethical values and commitment to meet the societal problems.
- PEO – 3 : Inculcate team work capabilities and managerial skills to become entrepreneur or employee of an organization.
- PEO – 4: Instill lifelong learning capabilities and to pursue higher education and research.
Program Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- PO 1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO 2:Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO 3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO 4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO 5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO 6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO 7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO 8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO 9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO 10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO 11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO 12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
PSO – 1: Able to apply appropriate techniques for storage of huge amount of data and ensuring its integrity.
PSO – 2: Choose appropriate method for data acquisition from real world and propose suitable solutions to solve problems.
|Technical talk||Ms.Prerana NG, Systems Engineer, TCS Banglore delivered a talk on "ROAD MAP TO IT CAREER" on 11th Dec-2021 to the students of 5th Sem ester ISE.||11-12-2021|
|Coding competition||"HACKTHON", a coding competition is organized for students on 23/03/2021.||23-03-2021|
|Webinar on SAP basis and HANA||Department of Information Science and Engineering organizing a webinar on "SAP BASIS and HANA" on 18 DEC 2020 at 10.00 AM.||18-12-2020|
|Webinar series on " Machine Learning in Real Life"||Department of Information Science and Engineering organizing a webinar series on "Machine Learning in Real Life" on 21st , 28th November and 5th December 2020.||21-11-2020|
|Webinar on " Java @ 25"||As Java celebrating its 25th anniversary ! Department of Information Science and Engineering organizes a Webinar on " Java @ 25" on 17th November 2020 at 10 AM. |
Resource Person: Mr. Naveen Kumar A.N
Dept. of ISE, SSIT,
Topics: Journey of Java Language
Java's minimum Terminologies
New Features in Java Programming Language compete with Java
Students Career Opportunities
Companies using Java & its Market shares
|Webinar on Software Testing and Industry Trends||Department of Information Science and Engineering is organizing Webinar on 06th Nov 2020 at 10.00 AM to 12.00 PM.||06-11-2020|
|Industrial visit||Sixth sem students Visited System Consulting Information India (p) Ltd, Tumkur on 24-01-2020 to get exposure on real time projects implementation. The company arranged a presentation regarding Internships opportunities and projects that are available to students.||24-01-2020|
|Workshop||A two days’ workshop attended by Dr.R Suma & Mrs.Rakshitha C M on Machine learning. Department of E&C of SSIT organized the workshop on 6th & 7th of December.||06-12-2019|
|Workshop||All staff members attended Faculty Development program on Image processing, IoT and Cloud. Which Scheduled on 27-11-19 at STEP Seminar hall. The FDP was conducted by TCS with collaboration of placement office.||27-11-2019|
|MOU||MOU with Samartha Infosolutions pvt ltd, Bengaluru on 30-10-19 for training the students in the field of Internet of Things and Computer Networking.||30-10-2019|
|Workshop||Conducted a workshop series on 21/10/2019 from ISTE students chapter|
" ABHIMAAN" to enhance the diploma students Knowledge level at Aryabharathi Polytechnic, Tumakuru for Diploma Computer Science & Engineering.
|MOU||MOU with e-flow Gurukul, Bengaluru on 4-10-19 as a part of Industry – Institute interaction.||04-10-2019|
|Workshop||Workshop on computer awareness for the students of M.Sc in Mass Media by B.S.Narahari on 3-10-19.||03-10-2019|
|Technical talk||A talk on “How to get placed” has been organized to create awareness for 5th semester students on the preparation needed for campus placement” by Miss.Meenashi Final year student on 3-10-19.||03-10-2019|
|Technical talk||Samartha InfoTech Pvt Ltd Bengaluru and Dept of ISE arranged a one day workshop / Technical talk on 27-1-2019 for 6th sem students of ISE, CSE, ECE, TCE, EEE regarding the Internships and Final project in the Data Visualization and Computer Networking||27-01-2019|
|Workshop||Faculty attended the Workshop on “Pedagogical Initiative” organized by IQAC, SSIT, Tumkur on 4-1-2019.||04-01-2019|
|Workshop||A Two Days Workshop on "Data Science using Python" is organized by department of ISE for students on 22nd and 23rd December 2022.||19-12-2022|
|Workshop||A Two Days Workshop on "Internet of Things" is organized by department of ISE for students on 6th and 7th January 2023.||02-01-2023|
ISE LABORATORY INFORMATION
- Department is equipped with required computing facilities to ensure that students are get exposed to basics level to advanced level of learning.
- Laboratories have been setup with a good ventilation, better ambience and adequate lighting to make students to work in a conducive environment. All computers are networked and connected to the Internet.
- To encourage students to work with Open source software usage, Laboratories are conducted using Open source tools and platform.
- Students are encouraged to use laboratories beyond working hours.
- 1:1 Computers is available to the students.
- Well trained lab technicians are available for maintenance of computers on regular basis (Software/ Hardware).
- Software updating is carried out regularly in all the laboratories.
- First Aid kits and Fire Extinguishers are available in all laboratories.
- Miniature Circuit Boards are used as a safety measure to avoid any electrical hazards due to short circuit.
- Maintenance team helps to keep laboratories clean and tidy.
Department received financial assistance to the tune of 15 Lakhs from Government of Karnataka through Vision Group on Science and Technology, Bengaluru, to establish research facility in Machine Learning and Deep Learning. This facility is used for research activities and train the students in Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
The Department has project laboratory with adequate facilities to help students involve in project. It is an exclusive lab facility of department which ignites the brains of students to do creative project works. Our students have done many remarkable projects and participated in project competition. Students are allotted the time slot for their projects in the regular class time table. Laboratories can also be utilized by the students beyond working hours.
|Name of the Important Software||Projects can be implemented|
|Anaconda Suit and Tensor flow Open-Source software libraries.||Machine Learning and Data Science related projects|
|Android Studio||Android projects|
|KNIME, Rapid Miner||Data Analysis related projects|
|Netsim||Network design projects|
|Iotify, Device Hive, Home Assistant, JDK.||IoT projects|
|SL No.||Name of the Laboratory||Capacity|
|1||IS Lab – 1||21|
|2||IS Lab – 2||26|
|3||IS Lab – 3||23|
|4||IS Lab – 4||22|
- A VGST Project proposal submitted by Dr.Karunakara K and Mrs.Champakamala S on ” Brain Tumor Segmentation and Classification of MRI images using Deep Learning Model” under Karnataka Fund for Infrastructure Strengthening in Science and Technology ( K-FIST L1) has been selected for funding of Rs. 15 Lakhs.
Best Student Award by TCS
Tata Consultancy Limited was pleased to present the best student award to Mr. Nithesh K R from ISE department in recognition of academic excellence for the academic year 2014-2015.
White Apron Health station Pvt ltd
It is proud that students graduated from ISE department have started WhiteApron Healthstation Pvt ltd.
Mr. Vinyas M.N (Director & Co-Founder)
Mr. Vishwanath M.H (Director & Co-Founder)
Miss. Bhavya N.S (Director & Co-Founder)
Software Engineer (Director & Co-Founder)
- Two days’ workshop conducted on “Hands on Data Analytics and Visualization using PowerBI” from 28-02-2019 to 29-02-2019.
- Three days’ workshop conducted on “Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning with Python” from 26-02-2019 to 28-02-2019 and the resource persons are from Geeks Lab, New Delhi.
- Two days’ workshop conducted on “Interest of Things” on 24-03-2017 to 25-03-2017 and the resource persons are from Geeks Lab, New Delhi.
- Two days’ workshop conducted on “Use of Software Testing Tools For Robust Program Design” on 20-01-2017 to 21-01-2017 and the resource persons are our alumni students Miss. Nagashi K S,Miss. Kavya P, Miss. Nandhini M P.
- A Two Days Workshop on “Internet of Things” is organized for students on 6th and 7th January 2022.
- A Two Days Workshop on “Data Science using Python” is organized by the department for students on 22nd and 23rd December 2022.
“Info Edge” is a half yearly Newsletter published bythe ISE department which provides a glimpse of various activities conducted in the department and highlights the department’s achievements and accomplishments. The Newsletter also includes technical articles from faculties and students.
Current and Previous issues: