Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Communication has turned all our dreams in to reality. It has reduced the world in to global village. To keep in pace with the progress in the field of Telecommunication, this department was introduced in the year 1991 with an intake of 30 and increased currently to 60 with change in the nomenclature to Electronics & Telecommunication in the year 2020. It has been accredited by NBA for three times consecutively since 2004.
The department has well equipped laboratories and well qualified faculty (4 Doctorates) with experienced supporting / technical staff. It has patents in the field of communication technology and expertise in raising domains and sub domains of the core engineering.The E&T department, where technologies take a new meaning, imparts knowledge, strong basic skills, creativity with human values.
Dr. Suma G
Vision of the Department
To produce quality technocrats with human values and emphasis on the social needs and professional ethics in the domain of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.
Mission of the Department
- To provide academic environment
- Exposure to modern communication processes
- Minimize the impact on environment
- To be Ethically and socially Responsible
- Inculcate self-learning capabilities and prepare for pursuing higher education
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Provide strong basics in the field of Telecommunication Engineering.
- Design, Develop and Analyze the solutions using suitable mathematical models and implement them using both software and hardware engineering practices.
- Instill Professional Ethics, Teamwork, Managerial skills and continuous learning capabilities to generate new knowledge.
- Develop skills in Telecommunication related technologies and knowledge based systems to build solutions that cater the needs of industries and the societal problems or to become entrepreneur.
Program Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1: Apply Science,Engineering and Mathematics(through differential and integral calculus)to solve complex Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering problems.
- PSO2: Demonstrate proficiency in the use of software and hardware required to practice Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering profession.
|Webinar||Intelligent Receiver Design and Future Communication for 6G technology||24-03-2021|
|Webinar||Image Forensics-Detection of Image Forgery||15-09-2020|
|International Seminar||Department of Telecommunication Engineering is organizing an International Seminar on "Artificial Intelligence in Wireless Communications"||14-02-2020|
|MoU Between RevEngg, Blore and Dept of TCE SSIT||The Department of TCE entered into an MoU with RevEngg, Blore to facilitate the students and faculty to share the knowledge of Network Security and Ethical Hacking.||13-09-2019|
Lab coming soon
- Dr. K B Shivakumar, Prof & HOD, Department of E&TE, has produced seven PhDs’ so far; five scholars from SSAHE, one from VTU and one from MEWAR university. Amongst the scholars from SSAHE – Dr.Savita D Torvi, Dr.M D Anitha Devi, Dr.Manjula Y and Dr.Shyla M K are progressing well in research by becoming guide for many more research scholars. The other research Scholar Dr. Sundar has filed two patents in the field of cognitive radio.
- From our Department so far; 15 students for academic year 2020- 21 have been placed in IBM and Accenture Companies, as listed of below:
Sl. No USN Name Placed Company Package in LPA 01 17TE002 Aishwarya P R IBM, Bangalore 4.25 02 17TE003 Akshatha J IBM, Bangalore 4.25 03 17TE007 Ankitha S IBM, Bangalore 4.25 04 18TE400 Chethana T M IBM, Bangalore 4.25 05 17TE014 Divyashree C S IBM, Bangalore 4.25 06 17TE016 Geetha B IBM, Bangalore 4.25 07 17TE017 Gowtham C M IBM, Bangalore 4.25 08 17TE038 Noorine Misba T R IBM, Bangalore 4.25 09 17TE039 Pooja J N IBM, Bangalore 4.25 10 17TE048 Sai Rachana L IBM, Bangalore 4.25 11 17TE050 Shuguftha Nasreen IBM, Bangalore 4.25 12 17TE052 Sirisha J IBM, Bangalore 4.25 13 17TE057 Spoorthy M S IBM, Bangalore 4.25 14 17TE0069 Yashaswini C P IBM, Bangalore 4.25 15 17TE064 Vinay C N Accenture 4.5
- Two of the faculty members – Mr. Puneeth Kumar D N and Mr. Jeevith S H who are pursuing Ph.D have successfully completed their DC meetings and Comprehensive Viva Voce.
- Department organized a Webinar on ‘Intelligent Receiver Design and Future Communication for 6G technology’ by Dr. Sudhan Mahji, Professor, IIT Patna on 24th March 2021.
- Department organized a Workshop on ‘IoT using Raspberry Pi’ by Dr. Lakshmikanth, Professor, Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore from 6th to 8th April 2021.
- Department organized a National Conference on ‘Emerging Trends in Engineering Science for Future Technology’ on 05/08/2020.
- Department organized a workshop on ‘5G Technology’ by Er. Rishiraj Sen Gupta on 26th August 2020.
- Department organized a Workshop on ‘Image Forensics Detection of Image Forgery’ by Dr. Meenakshi Sundaram on 15th September 2020.
- Department is organizing IEEE International Conference on ‘Mobile Networks and Wireless Communications’, ICMNWC-2021 during 3rd and 4th December 2021.
TOP NOTCH ALUMNUS
Exicom Telesystems Pvt Ltd.
Er. HARSHA R
Er. KIRAN N C
Senior Software Engineer
Er. ASHWASIMHA MOUDGAL
Volvo Group Trucks Technology
Er. PRADEEP KUMAR.S.M
Er. AMRITHA NAG
Er. DIVYA T P
Sr. Software Engineer
Er. KALPANA G
Posler Software Technik, Germany
Er. RACHANA C
Sr. Software Engineer