Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Communication has turned all our dreams in to reality. It has reduced the world in to global village. To keep in pace with the progress in the field of Telecommunication, this department was introduced in the year 1991 with an intake of 30 and increased currently to 60 with change in the nomenclature to Electronics & Telecommunication in the year 2020. It has been accredited by NBA for three times consecutively since 2004.
The department has well equipped laboratories and well qualified faculty (5 Doctorates) with experienced supporting / technical staff. It has patents in the field of communication technology and expertise in raising domains and sub domains of the core engineering.The E&T department, where technologies take a new meaning, imparts knowledge, strong basic skills, creativity with human values.
Dr. Suma G
Professor & HOD
Vision of the Department
To produce quality technocrats with human values and emphasis on the social needs and professional ethics in the domain of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.
Mission of the Department
- To provide congenial academic environment
- Exposure to modern communication processes
- Minimize the impact on environment
- To be ethically and socially responsible
- Inculcate self-learning capabilities and prepare for pursuing higher education
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: Provide strong basics in the field of Telecommunication Engineering.
- PEO2: Design, Develop and Analyze the solutions using suitable mathematical models and implement them using both software and hardware engineering practices.
- PEO3: Instill Professional Ethics, Teamwork, Managerial skills and continuous learning capabilities to generate new knowledge.
- PEO4: Develop skills in Telecommunication related technologies and knowledge based systems to build solutions that cater the needs of industries and the societal problems or to become entrepreneur.
Program Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1: Apply Science,Engineering and Mathematics(through differential and integral calculus)to solve complex Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering problems.
- PSO2: Demonstrate proficiency in the use of software and hardware required to practice Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering profession.
|Value Added Course||The Department under Sri Siddhartha Innovations-SSI, had organised a Value Added Course on Embedded System Design using Arduino||5th 6th and 13th May 2023|
|A Talk on||“5G Networks” By Sharath H M, Senior Associate L2 Technical Resolution, Kyndryl Solutions, Bangalore for final and pre-final year students of ETE.||11-05-2023|
|Sri Siddhartha Innovations-SSI||The department launched a consultancy, “Sri Siddhartha Innovations-(SSI)”, an initiative of the department of ETE which can be utilized by Students, Faculty & Industry.||03-05-2023|
|A Talk on||“Career Oppurtunities in the field of Telecommunication Engineering” By Purushottama T L, Asst. Prof., Dept. of ECE, SIT, Tumkur for all the students of ETE.||20-12-2022|
|A Talk on||“How to present oneself in interviews” By Shrihari K, Consultant SSE, Ceptis S/w Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore for Final and Pre-final year students of ETE.||25-11-2022|
|ICMNWC-2022||Conducted IEEE international conference (ICMNCW – 2022)|
Self-Funded International conference
|02 & 03 - 12-2022|
|ICMNWC-2021||Conducted IEEE international conference (ICMNCW – 2021)|
Self-Funded International conference
|03 & 04-12-2021|
|Webinar||Intelligent Receiver Design and Future Communication for 6G technology||24-03-2021|
|Webinar||Image Forensics-Detection of Image Forgery||15-09-2020|
|International Seminar||Department of Telecommunication Engineering is organizing an International Seminar on "Artificial Intelligence in Wireless Communications"||14-02-2020|
|MoU Between RevEngg, Blore and Dept of TCE SSIT||The Department of TCE entered into an MoU with RevEngg, Blore to facilitate the students and faculty to share the knowledge of Network Security and Ethical Hacking.||13-09-2019|
Lab coming soon
- The final year students of ETE in the academic year 2022-23 are placed to different multi-national companies as below
SL. No. Name Placed to Package 1 Smitha K DXC Technology 4.2 LPA 2 Chaithanya V DXC Technology 4.2 LPA 3 Namitha Nejanthi DXC Technology 4.2 LPA 4 Shwetha M.S DXC Technology 4.2 LPA 5 Namitha Nejanthi Thought Focus 5 LPA 6 Smitha K TCS – Ninja 3.5 LPA 7 Ujwal R TCS – Ninja 3.5 LPA 8 Pooja P Palle Technologies 3 to 8 LPA 9 Saniya Tabassum Speridian 3.5 LPA
- Fourth semester students in the academic year 2022-23 have grabbed 2nd prize for the Hobby project “RFID and Keypad based dual lock security system” in the National Level Project Exhibition & Competetion, “Technodea-2023” held at SSIT, Tumkur on 2nd and 3rd June 2023.
- The department has started Sri Siddhartha Innovations (SSI) to carryout consultancy works.
- Final year B.E. project titled, ” DESIGN AND FABRICATION OF MEDICINE DISPENSER ROBOT FOR HOSPITALS “,of the academic year 2022-23 year has been sanctioned Rs 6000/- by KSCST during April 2023. The Project associates are Pooja P, Suma and Khushi G P, under the guidance of Jeevith S H.
- Sixth Semester students in the academic year 2022-23 have completed one month (8th March – 8th April 2023) Internship on PLC and Scada in GTTC, Hirehalli, Tumkur.
- Department was sanctioned with a 20-Lakhs VGST Funded project for 2-years duration on the title “Cyber Security-Center of Excellence Lab”. Dr Srinidhi G A, Assistant Professor is its Principal Investigator.
- Dr. Srinidhi G A received Young Researcher Award by Phoenix International for the month of May-June 2022
- Final year B.E. project titled, ” HYDROPONICS USING RASPBERRY PI “,of the academic year 2021-22 year has been sanctioned Rs 6000/- by KSCST during May 2022. The Project associates are Bhoomika T S, Ayesha Afreen, Saniya Khanum and Charitha M, under the guidance of Jeevith S H.
- Two of the faculty members – Dr. Sumana L and Dr. Puneeth Kumar D N have completed Ph.D in the Year 2022 and 2023 respectively.
- Dr. K B Shivakumar, Prof & HOD (2017-2022), Department of ETE, has produced seven PhDs’ so far; five scholars from SSAHE, one from VTU and one from MEWAR university. Amongst the scholars from SSAHE – Dr.Savita D Torvi, Dr.M D Anitha Devi, Dr.Manjula Y and Dr.Shyla M K are progressing well in research by becoming guide for many more research scholars. The other research Scholar Dr. Sundar has filed two patents in the field of cognitive radio.
- Department organized a Webinar on ‘Intelligent Receiver Design and Future Communication for 6G technology’ by Dr. Sudhan Mahji, Professor, IIT Patna on 24th March 2021.
- Department organized a Workshop on ‘IoT using Raspberry Pi’ by Dr. Lakshmikanth, Professor, Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore from 6th to 8th April 2021.
- Department organized a National Conference on ‘Emerging Trends in Engineering Science for Future Technology’ on 05/08/2020.
- Department organized a workshop on ‘5G Technology’ by Er. Rishiraj Sen Gupta on 26th August 2020.
- Department organized a Workshop on ‘Image Forensics Detection of Image Forgery’ by Dr. Meenakshi Sundaram on 15th September 2020.
- Department is organizing 3rd IEEE International Conference on ‘Mobile Networks and Wireless Communications’, ICMNWC-2023 in the month of December 2023.
TOP NOTCH ALUMNUS
Exicom Telesystems Pvt Ltd.
Er. HARSHA R
Er. KIRAN N C
Senior Software Engineer
Er. ASHWASIMHA MOUDGAL
Volvo Group Trucks Technology
Er. PRADEEP KUMAR.S.M
Er. AMRITHA NAG
Er. DIVYA T P
Sr. Software Engineer
Er. KALPANA G
Posler Software Technik, Germany
Er. RACHANA C
Sr. Software Engineer