Electronics & Communication Engineering
The Electronics and Communication Department is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).Electronics has brought revolution in modern industries. It is the backbone in miniaturizing the present day tools, gadgets with intelligence to produce highly talented, well-trained engineers. The department was started in the year 1980. The Department is running B.E course with the intake of 120. The department also running M.Tech courses in “VLSI & Embedded Systems” and “Digital Electronics”. The Department is supported by well qualified and dedicated staff.
Dr. M Z Kurian
Professor & Head
Vision of the Department
Mould quality technocrats in the field of Electronics and Communication with human values to cater the societal needs.
Mission of the Department
- To impart high-quality academic environment.
- To provide training in new tools and technologies.
- To facilitate continuous learning and research environment.
- To inculcate professionalism with ethical values, with little impact on environment.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO-1: Proficient to apply the knowledge gained in mathematics, science and engineering to the field of electronics and communication engineering for the synthesis and analysis of systems
- PEO-2: Competent to pursue higher studies and research, with effective communication
- PEO-3: Aware of new technologies in the domain field, apply the same for the societal requirement minimizing the impact on environment and ethical practices in their domain
Program Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- The ability to identify, analyse and design systems related to modern engineering hardware and software tools, in Electronics and Communication Engineering in the areas of electronics, communication, image processing, VLSI, signal processing and embedded systems for solving day to day problems.
- Impat the awareness about the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental context, professional ethics and be able to communicate effectively.
|Achievement||Dr. Shyla M K , Assistant Professor , Department of ECE, defended her Viva - Voce based on her research work on " Image Steganography Approach for Secure Data Communication" done under the guidance of Dr. K B Shiva Kumar, Professor and Head, Department of TCE, SSIT Tumakuru.||18-06-2021|
|Students Achievement||Project Proposal titled " An Automated Door Opening System to Reduce COVID-19 Risk using facial mask, Body Temperature and Social Distancing Detection" given by the final year UG students Rakesh S Revankar, Vishwas N , Rohini M J , Shivakumar K S has been selected for KSCST Sponsorship.||01-04-2021|
|Achievement||Dr. Savitha C , Assistant Professor , Department of ECE, defended her Viva - Voce based on her research work on "Human Detection Tracking and Crowd Behaviour Analysis Using Image Processing" done under the guidance of Dr. Ramesh, Professor and Head, Department of MCA, SSIT Tumakuru.||30-03-2021|
|Orientation Programme||Mr. Sunil T S, General Manager, ALS- Bangalore, addressed the pre final year students and delivered a talk on "How To Do Mini Project".||21-03-2021|
|Achievement||Dr. M N Eshwarappa , Professor, Department of ECE, has been as Resource Person and given a talk in AICTE sponsored 5 days STTP on " Data Analytics and Machine Learning" organized by Department of CSE, SSIT from 22nd Feb to 26th February 2021.||22-02-2021|
|MOU||Department of Electronics and Communication has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with 'Advanced Electronic Sytems'( ALS) , Bangalore on 16-02-2021.||16-02-2021|
|A Workshop||Two days Workshop on "Servicing of Lab Equipment " has organized by Department of ECE for instructors/technical staff members on 16th and 17th February 2021 in association with Advanced Electronic Systems , Bangalore.||16-02-2021|
|Achievement||Dr. Manjula Yerva, Assistant Professor , Department of ECE, defended her Viva - Voce based on her research work on "Advanced Hiding Techniques For Data Security " done under the guidance of Dr. K B Shivakumar, Professor and Head, Department of TCE, SSIT Tumakuru.||16-02-2021|
|Students Achievement||Aishwarya S M, final year UG students has won the "Best SAC Volunteer Award" and " Fastest Member - Get Member Award" from IEEE Bangalore section, in recognition of her Hard Work towards IEEE Bangalore section events .||10-01-2021|
|Achievement||SSIT - IEEE Student branch has won "Outstanding Student Branch Website" Award from the IEEE Bangalore Section for the year 2020-21.||10-01-2021|
|Inauguration of 1st year PG Courses||Inauguration of all 1st year PG classes was held on 4th January 2021. Dr. M S Ravi Praksha, Principal , Dr. M Z Kurian, Registrar, HOD Department of ECE, Dr. M Siddappa, Dean Academics and all the Department HODs addressed all the PG students.||04-01-2021|
|A Webinar||Department of Electronics and Communication has organized a Webinar on "Medical Image Segmentation Using Deformable Models" on 30th December 2020. Dr. D Jayadevappa , HOD, Department of Electronics and Instrumentation, JSSATE, Bangalore was the keynote speaker in the session.||30-12-2020|
|Alumni meet||SetuBhanda- Global Virtual Alumni meet was conducted in the SSIT campus on 13th December 2020. The faculty of ECE department have interacted with all the alumni present in the meet.||13-12-2020|
|A Webinar||A webinar on "Blockchain Technology" was organized by Department of ECE, on 4th December 2020. Dr. Nalini, Professor, Department of CSE , NMIT, Bangalore was the keynote speaker in the Webinar.||04-12-2020|
|A Webinar||A webinar on "Artificial Intelligence and Data Sciences for Technology and Health care Applications" was organised by the department of ECE on 28th November - 2020. Dr. S R Mahadeva Prasanna, Dean (FW, R & D , Professor, HOD , Dept. of EE, IIT Dharwad, Proud Alumini of SSIT, was the resource person in the webinar.||28-11-2020|
|Industrial Visit||Department of ECE had organized an industrial visit to 'Integrated Command and Control Centre-Smart City ', Tumakuru for a group of final year students on 31-10-2020. Detailed study on intelligent Signalling and CCTV Surveillance System Implementation for various smart city applications by EFCON India was successfully completed.||31-10-2020|
|A Webinar||Final year and Pre final year UG students of ECE department have attended a webinar on "Cloud Computing" on 3rd October - 2020 organized by IEEE Student Branch - SSIT.||03-10-2020|
|Webinar||A webinar on "Automotive Embedded Systems" by Mr. Chetan Prasad, of Altilogic Technologies and alumni of Dept. of ECE was organized on 29/08/2020.||29-08-2020|
|Circular to students||Circular regarding SEE for final year UG and PG, promotion of lower semester students, supplementary semester and ODD semester 2020-21.||21-07-2020|
|A Webinar||Electronics and Communication Department in association with IEEE student branch -SSIT has organized a webinar on "Career Trajectory'. Mr. Shreyas , Association Engineer, Thales was the guest speaker.||06-07-2020|
|A Webinar||Electronics and Communication Department in association with IEEE student branch - SSIT has organised a webinar on "The Changing World Of Data Analytics" . Mr. Abhishek Mishra, Senior Associate in marketing analysis, Home Hardware Corporate , Canada was the guest speaker.||19-06-2020|
|Parent Teacher Meeting||Parent Teacher Meeting was held on 24/02/2020 by ECE Department.||24-02-2020|
|Students Achievement||6th semester students of ECE department - G. N. Abhilash, Pooja Ramesh, Chethan C M , Aishwarya R patil , have won 3rd prize for their project titled "Land to sky -Art Venture" in Jnana -Vijnana-Tantrajna Mela -2020 which was held on 19th n 20th February 2020 at Sri Kshetra Adichunchanagiri.||20-02-2020|
|Workshop||A Day workshop on "Corporate requirements and professional life" is organized by Dept. of ECE on 6th February 2020 for 6th sem B.E students in Scholar Seminar Hall.||06-02-2020|
|Workshop||Three Days workshop(23rd Jan 2020 to 25th Jan 2020) on "Machine Learning using Python " (For Final Year Students of BE-ECE) and "Internet of Things" (For Pre-final year Students BE-ECE), Organized by Dept of Electronics & Communication Engineering, Venue: Scholar Building Seminar Hall||23-01-2020|
|Alumini Meet 2019||Alumni meet was successfully conducted at SSIT on 8th Dec -2019. Faculty have interacted with all the alumni present in the meet.||08-12-2019|
|Workshop||Two days workshop was organized by Department of ECE on "Fundamentals of Machine Learning with Python" to the faculty and PG students on 5th and 6th Dec- 2019.||05-12-2019|
|A talk||All lady faculty of ECE has attended a talk on "Women Health and Hygiene" by Dr. Rashmi, Ashwini Hospital, Tumkakuru, oraganised at SSIT||29-11-2019|
|A talk||Faculty of ECE has attended a talk on "Image processing, IoT and Cloud " organized by placement cell at SSIT. Speaker was Rakshith Subramanyan from TCS||27-11-2019|
|Workshop||One day workshop was organized on "Quality Assurance, Professional Ethics and Social Concern in Engineering Domain" to the faculty of SSIT on 31st October 2019.||31-10-2019|
|PTM||Parent - Teachers meeting was held in scholar seminar hall at 11.15 AM. Meeting was chaired by Dr. M Z Kurian, HOD Department of ECE. Necessity and Importance of PTM was addressed by Dr. Eshwarappa M N. Feedback about the institution and department was given by parents. The response to feed back was addressed by Prof.T T S Bharath Kumar and Prof. M C Chandrashekhar.||21-09-2019|
|Workshop||A one day workshop on "Matlab Graphical User Interface Design for Image Processing Applications" was organized for faculty members and M.Tech students on 9th September 2019 by Dept. of ECE.||09-09-2019|
|A workshop||A Three days' workshop was organized on "Internet of Things" by Nixbees Technologies, Tumakuru in Image processing Lab to 3rd year students of ECE||11-04-2019|
|A Talk||A talk was organized on "Effective Teaching at Higher classes & Outcome based Education" by Dr. H D Gurubasappa & Dr. G Sadashivappa in MBA seminar hall at 9.30 AM to all the staff of ECE.||01-03-2019|
|PTM||Parent- Teachers meeting was held in Scholar PG-04 at 11.15 AM. Meeting was chaired by Dr. M Z Kurian, HOD Department of ECE. Feedback about the institution and department was given by parents. The response to feed back was addressed by Prof. M C Chandrashekhar.||16-02-2019|
|An open seminar||An Open Seminar was organized on "Design and Analysis of Image Super Resolution Techniques using Motion Analysis" by Prof. Chidananda Murthy in E-learning room at 4.00 PM to the 2nd year students and Staffs of ECE.||06-02-2019|
|A Webinar||A Webinar was arranged on " Parkisha pe Charcha 2.0" By Honorable Prime Minister of India Sri Narendra Modi in E-learning room at 11.00 AM to the final year students and Staff of ECE||29-01-2019|
|1||Academic Year 2020-21 – 5th semester scheme n syllabus||Download|
|2||M Tech scheme and Syllabus – VLSI and Embedded Systems ( 2018 scheme)||Download|
|3||M. Tech – Digital Electronics scheme and syllabus ( 2020 scheme)||Download|
|4||M. Tech – VLSI and Embedded Systems scheme and syllabus ( 2020 scheme)||Download|
|5||M. Tech Scheme and Syllabus – Digital Electronics ( 2018 scheme)||Download|
|6||Academic year 2020-21 – 7th semester scheme n syllabus||Download|
|7||Academic year 2020-21 – 8th semester scheme n syllabus||Download|
|8||Academic year 2020-21 – 6th semester scheme and syllabus||Download|
|9||Academic year 2020-21 – 4th semester scheme n syllabus||Download|
|10||Academic year 2020-21 – 3rd semester scheme n syllabus||Download|
Lab coming soon
Best Volunteer award
Event name – Annual General Body Meeting of IEEE Bangalore Section
Student Name – Aishwarya SM
Date – 10th January 2021
Outstanding Student Branch Website
Active Volunteers of SSIT IEEE Student branch have won “Outstanding Student Branch Website” Award for designing and maintaing the sepaerate website for IEEE-WIE student branch from the IEEE Bangalore Section for the year 2020-21. Award was presented to the students in Annual General Body Meeting of IEEE Bangalore Section.
Event name – Annual General Body Meeting of IEEE Bangalore S
Student Name – Niranjan N, Darshini M , Vishwas N, Aishwarya S M
Date – 10th January 2021
Outstanding/Best project Recoginzed by KSCST in the year 2020-21
Project Proposal titled ” An Automated Door Opening System to Reduce COVID-19 Risk using facial mask, Body Temperature and Social Distancing Detection” given by the final year UG students Rakesh S Revankar, Vishwas N , Rohini M J , Shivakumar K S of ECE department has been selected for KSCST Sponsorship. The team was guided by Mrs. Sharada Guptha M N, Assitant professor , ECE Department. The team has won 5000 Rs cash award from the KSCST.
Student Name – Rakesh S Revankar, Vishwas N , Rohini M J , Shivakumar K S
Date – 1st April 2021
Outstanding/Best project Recoginzed by KSCST in the year 2019-20
Student Name – Nithinn Gowda K C, Pooja M , Rakshitha L, Shruthi B C
Date – 27th July 2019
Outstanding/Best project Recoginzed by KSCST in the year 2019-20
Student Name – Sachin Gowda S , Rajeshwari M , Sridhar savadatti , Supritha Rao
Date – 27th July 2019
Best Project Award
Best paper Award
Best paper Award
Best Poster Presentation
Author for the TEXT BOOK
- “Fabrication and Characterization of High Performance Flexible Carbon Nano tube Thin-FIlm Transistors.”
- “Fabrication and Characterization of Carbon Nanotube Based Thin-film Transistors and Digital Circuits on Kapton ( polyimide ) Substrate”
Sponsored by: Indian Nano Users Programme and initiated by DIT, MCIT, Govt.of India
Carried out at: CEN, IIT Bombay