EEE Faculty Profile
Dr. G S Sheshadri
Name of the faculty: Dr. G S Sheshadri
Area of specialization: Power Systems
Email id: email@example.com
Contact no.: 9880407292
Experience in years: 32
Membership in professional bodies: MISTE ( LM 8382), MIAENG
Awards/ Recognitions/ Achievements:
- Received Gold Medal from Mysore University for having obtained first rank in M.Tech. (Power systems)
- Received Best Paper Presentation awards consecutively two times in national level conferences held at Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal.
- Received cash award from Power Research and Development corporation ltd., for publishing a paper in an International Journal.
DETAILS OF PH.D STUDENTS GUIDING:
|Veeresh S Gonal||Optimum Hybrid Wind-Solar Power Generation for Rural Utilities||SSAHE||Completed three DC meetings|
|Shilpa G N||ANN Application to Power Systems for Short Term Load Forecasting||SSAHE||Completed first DC meeting|
|Nataraja C||Renewable Energy Sources||SSAHE||Pursuing|
|Mallikarjuna G D||Efficient Power Monitoring System for Smart Grid Connected Renewable Plants,||SSAHE||Pursuing|
|N.pradeep||ANN Application to Power Systems for Short Term Load Forecasting||SSAHE||Completed first DC meeting|
Papers published in Journals:
- G.S.Sheshadri, Dr. H.N.Suresh, Dr. R.Nagaraja, “Classification of critical current waveforms of a power transformer using artificial neural network”, International Engineering and Technology Journal of Electrical Analysis, vol.1, no.2, pp. 068-073, 2007.
- G.S. Sheshadri, Dr. H.N. Suresh, Dr. R. Nagaraja, “Condition Monitoring of Distribution transformer using Artificial Neural Network” International Engineering and Technology Journal of Electrical Analysis, vol.3, no.2, pp. 084-088, 2009.
- G.S. Sheshadri, Dr. H.N. Suresh, Dr. R. Nagaraja, “Condition Monitoring of a model 500VA Transformer” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, vol.5, no.13, pp. 2203-2210, 2010.
- Veeresh S Gonal, G S Sheshadri, “Optimally Sized Hybrid Wind Solar Energy System for Village Electrification in Indian Context”, in International Journal of creative taught, ISSN: 2320-2882.
- Veeresh S Gonal, G S Sheshadri “Hybrid wind–PV system for Rural Electrification” in the International Journal of Advance Research and Engineering, Special Issue 01, vol. 07, Jan 2018. ISSN (O) 2319-8354; ISSN(P) 2319-8346.
- Shilpa G N, G S Sheshadri “” Short Term Load Forecasting Using ARIMA Model for Karnataka State Electric Load “”, p – ISSN 2278-800X, International Journal of Engineering Research and Development (IJERD), July 2017, 2278-067X.
- Veeresh S Gonal, G S Sheshadri, “” Hybrid Wind -Solar and Battery power System for Fluctuation free output “” , International Journal of Advanced Research, vol;. 5, issue 1, pp. 120-130, ISSN 2454-132X, Jan- Feb 2019″.
Papers published in International conference:
- G.S. Sheshadri, Dr. H.N.Suresh, Dr. R.Nagaraja, “ANN based discrimination of normal and different types of fault currents in a 400kV system”, proceedings of International Conference on “Computer communication control & Instrumentation” held at RVCE, Bangalore , pp.303-308, 21st-23rd November 2007.
- G.S. Sheshadri, Dr. H.N.Suresh, Dr. R.Nagaraja, “ANN Approach to discriminate normal and different types of fault currents in a sample power system”, proceedings of the EE centenary International Conference held at IISc, Bangalore , pp.179-184, 15th-17th December 2011.
- Veeresh S Gonal, G S Sheshadri, “Solar Energy Optimisation Using MPPT Controller by Maximum Conductance Method” in 2016 IEEE 7TH Power India International Conference (PIICON), held during 25th to 27th November 2016 at Bikaner, Rajasthan, India
- Veeresh S Gonal, G S Sheshadri, “Hybrid Wind–PV System for Rural Electrification” in International Conference NEX-GEN Technologies 2018 held during 5th and 6th Jan 2018 in Sengunthar College of Engineering and Technology, Tiruchengode, Tamilnadu, India
- Veeresh S Gonal, G S Sheshadri, “Modified Genetic Algorithm for Optimisation of Wind Energy Based Grid Connected System” in IEEE 4th International Conference for Convergence technology, Ujire, Mangalore, Karnataka, India on 28th October 2018″.
Papers published in National conference:
- G.S. Sheshadri, Dr. H.N.Suresh, “Load clustering using ART1 neural network model”, proceedings of second National Conference on “Control Instrumentation System Conference” held at MIT, Manipal , pp. 140-143, 11th -12th November 2005.
- G.S. Sheshadri, R. Pushpalatha, “Implementation of self organizing neural network architecture”, presented in the National Conference on “Recent Advances in Electrical Engineering “ EAR 2005 held at JNTU college of Engineering, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh on 10th December 2005.
- G.S. Sheshadri, Dr. H.N.Suresh, Dr. R.Nagaraja, Dr. M.S.Raviprakasha, “Modelling of a nonlinear three phase three legged transformer using PSPICE”, proceedings of third National Conference on “Control Instrumentation System Conference” held at MIT, Manipal, pp. 89-91, 3rd -4th November 2006.
- G.S. Sheshadri, Dr. H.N. Suresh, Dr. R.Nagaraja, “Training feedforward neural network using Levenberg – Marquardt algorithm”,” Proceedings of the National conference on “Recent Advances in Electrical Engineering” held at SSIT, Tumkur, pp. 75-79, Nov.2008.
- Pradeep N, G S Sheshadri, “” Artificial Neural Network Based Approach Short Term Electric Load Forecasting”” 46th ISTE Annual National Convention and National Conference held in GGI, Khanna, Punjab on 10-11 Feb. 2017
- Editorial member of SSAHE – Journal of Interdisciplinary Research
- IQAC Coordinator from June 2015- March 2019
- Member- BoS, BoE & PAC E&E Engineering Board, SSIT
- Coordinator- Department Advisory Board
- Member – BoE in E&E Engineering , PG Studies, UVCE, Bengaluru “