Computer Science and Engineering
The vision of global community places us at the helm of express gateways of information technology. Having recognized the potential and benefits of Computerization, the department of Computer Science and Engineering was started in the year 1985. At present, the department runs Under Graduate and Post Graduate programmes in Computer Science and Engineering with an annual intake of 120 and 18 respectively.
These programmes aim at nurturing competitive, confident Computer Science Engineers with good skills in hardware and programming, with an intense exposure to operating systems and programming languages. The department has well qualified and experienced faculty members who trains the students on cutting edge technologies. The state of the art infrastructure facilities available in the department provides a congenial ambience for learning.
Professor & Head
Vision of the Department
To craft professionally skilled engineers with research orientation, innovative insights and a passion for life-long learning to meet the needs of Industry and Society
Mission of the Department
- M1: To offer need-based curriculum in collaboration with industry.
- M2: To inculcate professional skills with innovative thinking to address societal problems of multidisciplinary nature.
- M3: To provide a congenial environment to learn and exhibit soft skills.
- M4: To promote research culture and the need for life-long learning.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: Excel in professional career and higher education by acquiring knowledge in mathematical, computing and engineering principles.
- PEO2: Analyse societal problems and provide technically competent solutions.
- PEO3: Possess academic excellence through innovative insights, soft skills and life-long learning.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization for the solution of complex engineering problems
- PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess Societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10:Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1: Demonstrate the uses of knowledge by writing programs and integrate them with hardware/software products in multidisciplinary environment.
- PSO2: Participate in planning and implementation of solutions to cater the industry specific requirements.
|Webinar on Cloud Computing||Prof. Bharath T.S, Assistant Professor, has delivered a talk on "Cloud Computing : An Overview" on 3-10-2020, organized by SSIT-IEEE Student Branch.||10-03-2020|
|Online PG-CET for M.Tech (Mock-Test)||The department is organizing online PG-CET for M.Tech courses (Mock-Test) on 9th October 2020.||10-03-2020|
|STTP||Department of Computer Science and Engineering has organized a STTP on "Data Analytics and Machine Learning" from 22nd to 26th February 2021.||27-02-2021|
|ICCNSC2020||Department of Computer Science and Engineering has organized a “2nd International e-Conference on Computer Networks and Soft Computing (ICCNSC2020)" on 28th & 29th December 2020.||01-01-2021|
|Webinar on Embedded Systems||The Department of Computer Science and Engineering is organizing a webinar on Embedded Systems on 22-07-2020 from 10AM to 11:30AM||21-07-2020|
|Webinar on Artificial Intelligence and Robotic Process Automation in action||The Department of Computer Science and Engineering is organizing a webinar on 13-7-2020 on the topic " Artificial Intelligence and Robotic Process Automation in action".||09-07-2020|
|PARENT - TEACHER MEETING (PTM)||The Parent-Teacher Meeting (PTM) is scheduled to be held on 15th February 2020 at 10.00 AM in room no 202.||11-02-2020|
|Campus Drive||Two students from CSE department have been recruited by KNOWX INNOVATIONS held at SSIT on 26th Nov,2019.||27-11-2019|
|Campus drive||Three students from CSE department have been recruited by Accord Software and Systems Pvt. Ltd. in pool campus drive at SIT.||25-11-2019|
|Training and Placement||All the final year students are hereby informed to attend the session from 4:30 to 5:30 PM on 25/11/19 at PG seminar hall related to "Training and Placement oppurtunities" addressing by the company Tekademiks solution,Bengaluru.||22-11-2019|
|Recruitment Drive||Knowx India will be visiting our college on Nov 26th 2019,all the registered students informed to attend the drive without fail.||21-11-2019|
|Informative Talk||Informative talk will be held on 3rd October 2019 by Sahana H Kumarswamy,Lead at Infosys,Bengaluru in PG seminar hall at 11:00 AM to Fifth semester students.||03-10-2019|
|Webinar||A Webinar was arranged on Next steps,plans and offerings by Infosys in room no. 202,Dept. of CSE at 11:00 AM to fifth semester CSE students.||30-09-2019|
|PARENTS - TEACHERS MEETING (PTM)||Parents - Teachers Meeting is scheduled on 24th September 2019 at 2:30 PM in room number 202, Main Building, SSIT. All the parents of 1st, 2nd & 3rd year CS&E are cordially invited to attend the meeting without fail.||21-09-2019|
|Seminar||A seminar was organized on "Word Sense Disambiguation in Kannada Language" by Dr.B.H.Manjunath Kumar in room no. 202,Dept.of CSE at 2:15PM to CSE staff members.||17-07-2019|
|Parent-Teachers Meeting||Parent-Teachers Meeting was held on 15-02-2019 at 9:00 AM in room no.205.||15-02-2019|
|1||5th and 6thsem Syllabus 2020-21||Download|
|2||3rd and 4th Sem BE Syllabus 2020-21||Download|
|3||7th and 8th sem BE Syllabus 2020-21||Download|
|4||I sem M.Tech (CS&E) Scheme & Syllabus||Download|
|5||1ST YEAR PPS THEORY SYLLABUS-2020-21||Download|
|6||1st YEAR PROGRAMMING LAB SYLLABUS-2020-21||Download|
Lab coming soon
First place in Hackathon,2019
Students from CSE Department proven their talent in Hackathon 2019 by winning first place. Hackathon brought together open source developers, coders, hackers, leaders and technology Visionaries.
Event name – HACKTIX
Student Name – Prajwal
Date – 25-03-2019
Winner: – First Place awarded 10,000 cash prize
International E-Conference on Computer Networks and Soft computing(ICCNSC)
Short Term Training Program(STTP) on Data analytics and Machine Learning from 22-02-2021 to 26-02-2021
The theme of the STTP is to provide exposure to emerging area Data analytics and Machine Learning with a wide range of theories, methodologies & algorithms are explored to analyse challenging real world problems.
Awards and Recognition:
- Dr. M Siddappa has been awarded Rajarambapu Patil National award for promising Engineering Teacher for creative work done in Technical Education.
- Dr. M Siddappa has been nominated as Margadarshak(MD) under Margadarshan Scheme,AICTE.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) is entered on 03-10-2019 between Whiteapron Health station Pvt. Ltd Bengaluru and Sri Siddhartha Institute of Technology, Maralur, Tumakuru with its Department of Engineering as the coordinating Computer Science and Engineering department.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) is entered on 06-03-2020 between Aniworks Innovations Pvt.Ltd.,Tumakuru and Sri Siddhartha Institute of Technology, Maralur, Tumakuru with its Department of Engineering as the coordinating Computer Science and Engineering department.
CISCO-CCNA LAB SETUP:
Resource Person: Ramesh Iyengar,Leader-ERP Cloud Apps and Test Automation, AutonomIQ, California, USA.
Faculty members of CSE Department contributing for many reputed publications on and average publications of 100, h-index of 6.3and i-10 index of 2.
Faculty members of CSE Department have patents with the following title :
1. Food Safety Warning System
2. System to monitor temperature of granary using narrow based IoT
3. Intelligent Pen Drive: Highest data security using AI based programming
Faculty members of CSE Department have published Book chapters in the following title of the book:
1. Emerging trends in Engineering technology
2. Design for an Intelligent Based Global Optimization Technique for Localization in Wireless Sensor Network
About 75-81% of CSE Department students have been placed in reputed companies like Microsoft , USHUR, IBM, TCS, INFOSYS with a package of 7.5L-11L from last three years.
TOP NOTCH ALUMNI :
Department of CSE proud to have top notch ALUMNI who are serving as CEO’s, Entrepreneurs.
- Praveen Kumar Kalbavi, Managing Director & CEO., Novigo solutions Pvt. Ltd., Mangaluru
- Sadashiv Hegde, Partner, Consulting leader, KPMG Global Services, Bengaluru
- Amulya B Raj, IRS, Divisional Finance Manager, Indian Railways Services, Mysuru
- Kiran Murthy, CEO & MD, White apron Health Station Pvt. Ltd., Bengaluru
- Pramod S Kumar, Founder & CEO, Aniworks Inc., USA
- Amit A Huddar, Founder & CEO, Softdust Pvt. Ltd., Bijapur
Department of CSE has well qualified faculty with 50% of Doctorates and remaining faculty are pursuing Ph.D. in their respective area of research.