Civil Faculty Profile
Dr C. Rangaraj
Name of the faculty: Dr C. Rangaraj
Qualifications: M.Sc.(Engg.), Ph.D (IISC)
Area of specialization: Hydromechanics and Water Resources
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact no.: 7019847477
Experience in years: 24
Membership in professional bodies: MISTE
Funded research projects:
- VTU – “Standardization of Improved Constant Velocity Weir (Chimney Weir) for Grit Chamber Outlets. – 2.3 Lakhs
- World Bank sponsored – Worked in Collaboration with National Institute of Hydrology, Roorkee for a 78 lakh project “Ground Water Management in over exploited blocks of Chitradurga and Tumkur”
Awards/ Recognitions/ Achievements:
- Chief Editor , SSAHE Journal of Interdisciplinary Research.
DETAILS OF PH.D STUDENTS GUIDING:
|Abishek M Talageri||Hydraulics||VTU||Course work completed, Ongoing [Optimization of Multistage Orifice plate as a flow control device for liquid application ]|
|A R Pradeep||Structures||SSAHE||Course Work Completed,Ongoing [Strengthening of stuctues]|
|M . Raghunath||Water Resources||SSAHE||Course Work Completed, Ongoing [Integrated approach for surface and subsurface water resources management of Bangalore urban area using RS & GIS]|
Papers published in Journals:
- K.Keshava Murthy and C.Rangaraj, “On the use of a hyperbolic function to design a linear proportional weir.”, in ACTA Technica (of Hungarian Academy of Sciences, , now merged with Acta Technica CSAV (Ceskoslovensk Akademie Ved) ), 106 (3-4), pp. 223-238, 1994.
- K.Keshava Murthy and C.Rangaraj, “Geometrically simple exponential Weir”, in Geometrically simple exponential Weir”, in ACTA Technica (of Hungarian Academy of Sciences, , now merged with Acta Technica CSAV (Ceskoslovensk Akademie Ved) ), 106 (3- 4),pp. 205 – 221,1994.
- K.Keshava Murthy and C.Rangaraj, “On the Improvement of the Chimney Weir”, in Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering (of National Research Council Canada)vol 24 :586- 592,1997.
- K.Keshava Murthy and C.Rangaraj, “Generalised design of single profile (Self basing) Weir”, Journal of IAHR (International Association of Hydraulic Research, The Netherlands), Vol.36, No.4, pp.695-706, 1998.
- M.N.Sheshaprakash and C.Rangaraj,”Discussion paper “On the numerical solution to the inverse weir Problem”, Journal of IAHR (International Association of Hydraulic Research, The Netherlands),Vol.31, No3, 1993, pp.430-431.
- K.Keshavamurthy and C.Rangaraj,”A Practical (Sector Based )Linear Weir “, in Journal of hydraulic engineering, (of Indian society of hydraulics) vol 4, No.2,1998,pp. 19-29.
- C.Rangaraj, Raghunath and Sampath Kumar, “Standardization of Chimney weir for Regulating Waste Water in Grit Chambers”, International Journal of Research in Engineering and technology, Vol.5 special issue 18 ICE SWWEM 2016 Sep 2016 Pp.117-120
- M.S.Rao,L.Sampath Kumar and C.Rangaraj, “Application of isotopes in studying lake water – groundwater interactions in parts of Tumkur district of Karnataka”, in Current World Environment, 11(3): pp. 751-755. 2016
Papers published in International conference:
- K.Keshava Murthy and C.Rangaraj, “On the use of a Poebing weir for flood discharges”, 1991, XXV International Association of Hydraulic Research (IAHR) conference , Tokyo,1991, pp.311- 320
- K.Keshava Murthy and C.Rangaraj, “A single profile logarithmic notch orifice”, 2011 Golden Jubilee Seminar of Dept of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, July 23, 2011
Papers published in National conference:
- K.Keshava Murthy and C.Rangaraj, “Improved Self – Basing Logarithmic Weir “, Hydro96 conference, IIT Kanpur, Dec., pp.117-124 1996
- M.S.Rao and C. Rangaraj, “Tracing lake water component in the groundwater in parts of Tumkur district of Karnataka using isotopes”, “Proceedings of an International conference “India Water Week 2013-Efficient Water Management: Challenges and Opportunities”, (IWW-2013), Vigyan Bhavan New Delhi, 8 – 12 april.
- C.Rangaraj, “Application of Wavelet Analysis in Environmental Studies”, National Conference on Urban Transport and the Environment UENTRA-03, Institution of Engineers India, KLE Society, Belgaum.
- C Rangaraj ,D V Srikrishna and H. S. Nanda “ Backflow contamination in Chikballapur drinking water supply system ” Geological Society of India, National Seminar on changing geo hydrological scenario in Hard Rock Terrain, p 48, April 29-30, 2007.
- Shri Krishna , C Rangaraj and Sudhakar ” Reuse of treated wastewater for pisiculture and gardening ,National Seminar on changing geo hydrological scenario in Hard Rock Terrain, p 48, April 29-30, 2007